Lucy has a wealth of experience advising clients on a wide range of trade mark matters: providing strategic and tactical forward thinking advice on filing programmes; filing/prosecuting applications around the world; advising on the freedom to use and register trade marks; the policing and enforcement of rights domestically and internationally; due diligence reviews; complex IP issues in liquidation proceedings; negotiation, and drafting of agreements and licences; handling customs matters and domain name complaints.
Lucy is recognised by her clients as being “extremely pragmatic and commercial with a great ability to safeguard client’s businesses and minimises risk while taking a global perspective, all in a cost-effective manner.” She is known for being extremely responsive and very down to earth too.
Her passion and close working relationship with all clients means Lucy is often regarded as a member of their business as opposed to their outside Counsel.
- Successfully advising Comic Enterprises Limited to sue Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation over the breach of its Trade Mark rights to use the phrase ‘The Glee Club’
- Being on board from the start as IP Counsel to Grenade (UK) Limited. Grenade started as a husband and wife team in 2010 and since this time, I have assisted the business with all of its trade mark matters, including undertaking clearance work, filing programs, oppositions and cancellation actions, infringement actions, tackling Internet issues, ASA advice, portfolio management, licensing opportunities, due diligence projects. Grenade has grown from a start-up into a multi-national business worth over £75 million, that sells product in over 100 countries, whilst also being consistently nominated as a top company to work for
- Providing strategic advice to a large globally-recognised automotive company in an ongoing cease and desist programme which has involved corresponding with over 200 infringers to date and undertaking multiple actions including: Company Names Tribunal actions, filing UDRP complaints, website takedowns, filing complaints using Facebook, Amazon and eBay systems
- Lucy’s clients include Pearson Plc, Maple Mountain Group (Modere brand), The Little Soap Company, GFG Alliance Group which comprises Liberty House Group, SIMEC, Jahama and Wyelands, Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, Greande (UK) Limited, British Racing Motors. She is also Counsel for the UK and European work for many International businesses including Pentair Plc, Emerson, the Herman Miller Group, KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr Pty Ltd, Etihad Airlines, Rich Products Corporation, FISERV, Ace Hardware Corp.
- Member of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) Education Committee and CITMA’s Paralegal Course Working Group
According to rave reviews from her peers, Lucy Walker provides “practical commercial advice to a quick turnaround”. She is a pro when it comes to guiding brands from conception through to product launch and IP exploitation.
World Trademark Review 1000, 2022.