Our UK and European patent attorneys have achieved the highest levels of qualification in a wide range of specialist technical backgrounds.
This, alongside significant legal IP expertise, means we can advise you on the best approach to formal patent protection for your ideas and innovation, whatever the technology.
Patents are a valuable commercial tool, protecting the investment of time and money in R&D and essential in protecting market share. Our attorneys can help R&D teams identify, capture and protect patent-worthy innovation to ensure the best returns for their creativity. As a leading UK filer of patents, our attorneys have extensive expertise in guiding clients through the patent prosecution process, adding value at each stage. Our services include:
- Pre-filing advice, including patentability searches
- Landscape searching with a view to strategic use of IP
- Drafting patent applications for new inventions
- Filing and prosecuting patent applications
- Representing and advising clients in contentious matters at the European Patent Office and in the English courts
- Qualified to act as representatives before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- Providing freedom to operate opinions
- Providing advice on filing strategies and commercialisation strategies
- Transactional work relating to the licensing and assignment of patents and related rights
- Due diligence exercises to assess the merits of portfolios
- IP audits
- Cost projections