Yvonne is an experienced patent attorney, having worked in the profession for over 20 years, and has a formidable reputation when it comes to dealing with oppositions and appeals.
Yvonne’s main focus of work is within the field of chemistry and life sciences, including: “green” innovations; polymers, pigments and dyes; fuel technology; flavours and fragrances. She also has broad experience working within the healthcare and medical fields, including pharmaceutical formulations, and is adept at navigating excluded matter rules in Europe in the fields of therapeutic, surgical and diagnostic methods. She is recognised for providing pragmatic and commercially focused advice.
- Secured granted patent protection for cell analysis experts BioStatus Limited and their pharmaceutical spin-out BioSuspensions Limited across a range of territories worldwide. The approach was tailored to fit with the commercial aims, and was tactically based on knowledge and experience of local law and patent examiners
- A successful track record of defending patents before the EPO at opposition and appeal, including handling multiple hearings before the opposition division that lasted 12 hours or more and dealing with oral proceedings, as both patentee and opponent, where witness evidence was required
- Obtained granted US and European patents for UK business Aviramp to protect their innovative aeroplane boarding apparatus, in time to have the rights secured as they were ready to do overseas deals, including with US airports such as Dallas Fort Worth, Charlottesville, North East Miami and San Francisco
- Worked with solid oxide fuel cell specialists Adelan Limited to protect their core technology and to tailor and expand their patent portfolio to support the company’s growth and development
- Obtained patent protection in key jurisdictions worldwide for CFP Composites Ltd to cover their innovative method for making carbon fibre composites and then successfully defending the granted patent in European opposition proceedings
“Yvonne always provides patent advice that is clear and pragmatic, which allows me to make key decisions in an informed manner. Over the years she has handled a range of technologies across three different businesses, understanding both the technical and commercial issues involved. She has been able to provide quick turnaround times when required and has always ensured that the invoices we receive are within the budget provided. I have every confidence in Yvonne’s abilities and regard her as a key member of our team. I have no hesitation in recommending her.”
Stefan Ogrodzinski, Director and CEO, Biostatus Limited