I am a trainee trade mark attorney having recently graduated with a first-class honours degree in Law with Management. My degree included a 12-month working placement within Barker Brettell’s trade mark team and I also continued working for Barker Brettell during my final year of studies.
I have assisted qualified attorneys in advising a diverse range of clients, from start-ups to large global corporations, in areas from online dating to pharmaceuticals and many others in between.
- Part of the UK trade marks team for a globally recognised kitchen appliance company, reviewing their trade mark portfolio on a weekly basis alongside partners and qualified attorneys
- Playing a leading role in concentrated annual clearance work for significant and recurring seasonal client launch, in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, for a globally recognised health and beauty retailer and pharmacy chain
- Filing UK, European and International trade mark applications (whilst in the Trade Mark Admin team)
- Assisted qualified attorneys with due diligence research, evidence collation, opposition submissions, cease and desist letters and undertakings
- Assisted with a full IP audit for a medical software company