Oliver helps clients obtain patent protection in the UK, Europe and beyond. His experience includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications, advising on infringement and freedom to operate matters.
Oliver works with a wide range of clients including individuals, universities, spin outs, SMEs and blue chip multinational corporations. He has also worked with a wide range of inventions in the physical sciences fields and mechanical engineering. Oliver also prepares and files registered design applications in the UK/EU and internationally.
- Advised Ocupeye, a start-up using 3D printing for the manufacture of prosthetic eyes, on IP strategy as they seek investment and move towards launch of their product. Including drafting patent applications, and advising on agreements with collaborators
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a large European semiconductor firm, including technologies covering IEEE wireless standards and mobile communications standards, and prosecuting patent applications for Blackberry™ for mobile communications services, wireless communications, and data and video encoding, including cases relevant to standards such as MPEG
- Worked on software and computer hardware with the University of Oxford, in particular to relation to autonomous vehicles. Oliver has also worked on a number of patent applications for electronics and signal processing devices for the University of Oxford
- Drafted a number of patent applications relating to quantum computers
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications in radar and other sensing technologies for various SMEs
- Spent a year on part time secondment drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a large UK aerospace manufacturer
“Oliver Pooley is a highly responsive patent attorney who is able to grasp the salient aspects of invention and distil it into detailed and defendable claims. He is timely in his reminders and listens to requests. He is a pleasure to work with.”
Jason Jones, Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies Limited