Oliver helps clients obtain patent protection in the UK, Europe and beyond. His experience includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications, advising on infringement and freedom to operate matters.
Oliver works with a wide range of clients including individuals, universities, spin outs, SMEs and blue chip multinational corporations. He has also worked with a wide range of inventions in the physical sciences fields and mechanical engineering. Oliver also prepares and files registered design applications in the UK/EU and internationally.
- Advised Ocupeye, a start-up using 3D printing for the manufacture of prosthetic eyes, on IP strategy as they seek investment and move towards launch of their product. Including drafting patent applications, and advising on agreements with collaborators
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a large European semiconductor firm, including technologies covering IEEE wireless standards and mobile communications standards, and prosecuting patent applications for Blackberry™ for mobile communications services, wireless communications, and data and video encoding, including cases relevant to standards such as MPEG
- Worked on software and computer hardware with the University of Oxford, in particular to relation to autonomous vehicles. Oliver has also worked on a number of patent applications for electronics and signal processing devices for the University of Oxford
- Drafted a number of patent applications relating to quantum computers
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications in radar and other sensing technologies for various SMEs
- Spent a year on part time secondment drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a large UK aerospace manufacturer
“Ocupeye Ltd’s digital workflow presents complexity for a number of disciplines, involving numerous collaborators. Without question on both technical and commercial levels Oliver Pooley and Stephen Lowry have excelled. We have been guided through the world of IP and Trademark with patience and total professionalism. Barker Brettell have been a delight to work and we regard team BB very much part of our ongoing development plan.”
Gordon Bott, Co-Founder, Ocupeye Ltd.
“I am impressed with Oliver’s technical understanding of our work and his ability to translate it into a format that gives us wide protection of the IP. He is very insightful and has a great perspective that often highlights areas of novelty that we had not considered ourselves. I am very impressed with all aspects of his work including how he revises initial drafts and helps us overcome any objections from examiners. I personally thoroughly enjoy working with him and highly value his advice.”
Niki Trigoni, Chief Technology Officer, Navenio Ltd.
“Working with Oliver and the team from Barker Brettell continues to be a pleasant and fruitful journey. Barker Brettell confidently supports Aston Vision Sciences in a friendly and open manner with a variety of IPRs, spending time on developing the best strategies for maximum global protection.”
Karl Obszanski, Founder, Aston Vision Sciences Ltd.