Katie is a qualified UK and European patent attorney and practice in UK registered designs. She specialises in the areas of physics and engineering and has gained experience working on patent portfolios in a variety of fields, including energy, electric and autonomous vehicles, augmented reality, turbine engines, heating systems, batteries and fuel cells.
She works with a variety of clients ranging from individual inventors to universities, SMEs and multi-national corporations, and tailors advice to the knowledge and needs of the client.
- Patent prosecution for Alibaba and Amazon in the field of computer-implemented inventions
- Patent drafting and prosecution for Oxford University Innovation Limited, including in the field of electric vehicle range determination
- Patent drafting for the University of Warwick concerning fuel cells, electrolysers and batteries
- Led EPO oral proceedings before the examining division, under the supervision of a partner
- Involvement in patent prosecution and strategy advice for energy sector companies including ESG Pool Ventilation Limited, who provide highly efficient heating systems using heat pumps, and Heat Recovery Solutions (HRS) who provide energy recovery solutions for the oil, gas and power industries
- Awarded the Mike Higgins Prize and the Ballentyne prize by the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys for achieving the highest marks in the UK Design and Copyright Law examination and the Infringement & Validity examination, respectively
“Your high level of competence means you are my default starting point when it comes to patent stuff!”
Stewart Hefferman, Innovation Development Manager at Warwick Ventures Ltd.
“Thanks a lot for your work on the patent. It looks excellent and you have done very well in understanding what is a detailed field (maybe they all are!). The whole process has been very professional and we are very pleased by the work you have done.”
John D. Murphy, Professor of Electronic Materials at the University of Warwick