Catherine has a wealth of experience advising clients on a wide range of trade mark matters including global portfolio management, freedom to use and the registrability of trade marks, as well as filing and prosecuting trade mark applications around the world. She is an excellent negotiator and adept at managing conflict matters. She is also the head of the Trade Mark practice and leads a large number of attorneys.
Catherine’s client portfolio includes UK, EU and global clients amongst which she’s built a formidable reputation for being “pragmatic, commercially astute and a pleasure to work with.” One client commented “Wiseman is an impressive character. Measured, careful and calculated, she doesn’t miss a trick.”
She is a regular attendee at INTA and Marques and an elected member of CITMA Council, helping to shape the UK profession.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive and cost-effective filing and searching international strategy for two biotechnology clients and associated enforcement work
- Lead partner on the portfolio of the IMI Group of companies
- Tackling trade mark infringement worldwide for a stringed instrument manufacturer, as part of a cease and desist programme to protect the integrity of the company’s brands
- Tailoring a bespoke searching strategy for a multinational flooring company, enabling the client to conduct initial knockout searches in-house, and driving cost-efficiency
- Being awarded ‘Best in trade mark’ at the LMG Europe ‘Women in Business Law Awards 2019’, in the Top 250 Women in IP 2020/21, IP Star, Recommended individual WTR and ranked ‘Band 1’ in Chambers and Partners ‘UK Rankings for Intellectual Property: Trade Mark Attorneys’
“Wiseman possesses brilliant business acumen and is great at focusing her clients’ minds on intellectual property and the commercial value they could derive from it.”
World Trademark Review 1000, 2019