Leah is a Trade Mark Attorney with nearly 10 years’ experience working in both private practice and in-house across the automotive, cosmetics, food and drink, and medical sectors.
Working with a broad range of clients, from startups to large global corporations and foreign attorney firms, across a number of sectors including cosmetics, biotechnology, food and drink, and music; Leah regularly advises on a range of matters from securing trade mark protection to enforcing their rights.
- Assisted with an extensive trade mark portfolio for a global engineering company, including working on an international licence recordal programme
- Manages the global trade mark portfolio of a well-known cosmetics brand.
- Successfully defended a luxury cruise line’s trade mark registrations in the UK by applying a number of strategic obstacles.
- Assists with an extensive trade mark portfolio for a biotechnology company, having been involved from an early stage of the company’s life.
- Advised on the international strategy and handled some very challenging issues concerning protection in China.
- Assists with an enforcement programme for a well-known musical instruments manufacturer.
“Leah has all the right skills for a great trade mark attorney: she is enquiring, focused, and has the natural ability to understand the commercial nature of trade mark law and to apply it practically rather than theoretically. She became an integral and invaluable member of the team within her first week, and since then has amassed a good deal of experience on a wide range of trade mark matters.”
Catherine Wiseman, Trade Mark Attorney & Partner, Barker Brettell.