Carrie’s background in physics means she is well placed to help clients in the fields of electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, materials, information technology, telecommunications and software. She has a wealth of experience advising clients on robust IP protection and strategies.
Her technical specialisms include data analysis and processing, computer implemented inventions, software, pneumatic systems, consumer products, medical devices, energy production and harvesting systems.
Carrie works closely with a large number of universities and is the principal contact for a multi-party framework agreement. She is also an experienced designs rights expert and leads the firm’s Designs team.
- Managing the worldwide patent and design portfolio for a top UK manufacturer of road safety barriers
- Successfully restoring one UK patent that lapsed, even though the statutory limit for doing so had passed, and another where specific instructions were received not to renew it
- Preparing an IP due diligence report for an AIM listing for a large UK manufacturer of CO2/smoke detectors, coordinating sharing information between the client and other legal parties, resolving various ownership issues unearthed as a result of my research, but still delivering the report on time and within budget
- Setting up and running the firm’s designs and copyright group – one of the largest groups dedicated to designs and copyright in the UK
- Serving as Principal examiner for the design and copyright UK Foundation Certificate (FC) qualifying examination, and chief examiner of the Patent Examination Board overseeing the setting and marking of all FC examinations
“Carrie has been our go-to patent attorney since I founded TG0 after finishing my Masters study at Imperial College and Royal College of Art back in 2015. Throughout this time, Carrie has led all of our patents drafting and advised us on IP related issues. Her extensive technical background covers a wide range of technology fields. Her diligence and pursuit of perfection have been crucial to the protection and commercialisation of our IP. With Carrie’s continuous support, TG0 has grown from an idea on paper to a sound business with prolific clients around the world.”
Ming Kong, CEO of TG0