Emily is a trainee trade mark attorney. She has a first-class degree in Law with Management from Aston University, which included a 14-month placement within Barker Brettell’s trade mark team.
Emily has recently successfully completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice at Queen Mary University of London and is now Part Qualified.
She works with various clients in a range of sectors and has a particular interest in social media and e-commerce enforcement activities.
- All areas of trade mark work, including the filing and prosecution of UK, European and overseas applications, as well as assisting attorneys to undertake due diligence research to support opposition, infringement, passing off and enforcement proceedings
- Assisting with the preparation of opposition submissions and cease and desist letters
- Conducting trade mark portfolio reviews via industry-recognised searching software to support global filing strategy recommendations
- Assisting with WIPO Domain Name Disputes
- As part of her degree, Emily conducted a research project on the beauty industry, analysing the strategic benefit of purchasing customer data in an M&A environment
“Emily has already accrued a solid grounding in the basics of private trade mark practice and has quickly become an integral member of the team. Her enthusiasm to learn, coupled with a keen eye and attention to detail will stand her in good stead to provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients.”
Rosalyn Newsome, Partner & Trade Mark Attorney, Barker Brettell.