Robin’s background in physics, engineering and material sciences means he is well placed to help clients in a wide range of fields. He is experienced in writing and prosecuting patents on electronics, optics, computer implemented inventions and bio-informatics and automotive and aerospace components. He also works for companies in the energy sector focusing in the fields of clean energy, tidal power, wind turbines and nuclear decommissioning.
Robin acts for a range of clients, from inventors, entrepreneurs and university tech-transfer organisations through to large and international corporations.
- Patenting a 3D medical imaging technology over a complete life-cycle from concept to mature commercial product
- Drafting and prosecuting a global family of patent cases relating to tidal turbine technology originating from university research. This has now been commercialised by the spin-out company, Kepler Energy
- Handling a large portfolio of European patent applications for a well-known Japanese consumer electronics company, including signal processing and telecommunications in fields such as digital photography and mobile telephony, plus wireless networks under the IEEE 802.11 standard (Wi-Fi)
- Patent work for the UK internet domain name registry in software systems to help monitor internet traffic and identify malicious activity or fault conditions
- Recognised as a ‘IP Star’ in the United Kingdom by Managing Intellectual Property, 2016 to present.
“Robin quickly understood our inventions, which made him easy to work with. He drafted a series of patent applications to protect our optoelectronic platform technology, which is core to our spin-out company, Bodle Technologies. Many thanks to him for the pragmatic patent filing strategy advice.”
Harish Bhaskaran, Professor of Applied Nanomaterials, University of Oxford, and Co-founder and CSO of Bodle Technologies.