Lisa has 19 years’ experience as a trade mark attorney. She advises a range of clients, from start-ups, SMEs, large and international corporates, on all aspects of trade mark work including clearances searches, strategic development and prosecution of marks, rights squatters and disruptive competitors. Much of Lisa’s work involves the handling and co-ordination of large, global portfolios, with a particular focus on the fashion, consumer goods and construction industries.
Lisa also works with a number of online gaming companies and has considerable experience advising clients on protecting and enforcing their trade marks in China.
- Successfully negotiating the acquisition of a client’s house mark through the use of a covert investigator in China. The client wanted to expand their business to China but was blocked from doing so as their house mark had already been registered by an unconnected third party trade mark squatter
- Working closely with a large client to help them redevelop their IP strategy which resulted in a worldwide overhaul and update of their trade mark portfolio and resulting protection
- On an existing client’s recommendation was asked to work on a new client portfolio which had a well-established business with some fantastic products but did not have any relevant trade mark protection in place. Carried out a review of its trade marks and worked closely with the client to put together a comprehensive protection strategy
- The client now has a secure portfolio of registered marks which they are continually adding to as their business grows
- Successfully settling a long running trade mark invalidation and infringement action dispute between a large international company and their distributor after seven of years of dispute between the parties.
“We have worked with Lisa for several years and have always found her to be highly skilled, experienced and professional and a pleasure to work with.”
John Taylor, Chairman & CEO, ATG Ceylon (Pvt) Ltd