Mark is a partner and patent attorney with vast experience in the fields of disruptive technologies, computer-implemented inventions, software, scalable Internet of Things, Cloud and Fog computing.
Experienced in drafting patents and designs applications, Mark works with clients to understand their commercial drivers and develops strategies to help achieve their goals and manage their portfolios. He has also worked in the fields of electronics; robotics; autonomous vehicles; medical devices; mechanical and electro-mechanical inventions, FinTech and blockchain.
- Drafting and prosecuting a worldwide patent portfolio for a revolutionary optical prosthetic designed by medical specialists in collaboration with Oxford University Innovation
- Successfully restoring a multi-jurisdictional patent portfolio for IHI Southwest Technologies. During restructuring of the parent company, renewal of a key patent family was overlooked. An urgent restoration programme was coordinated across ten European countries with all patents rights being restored
- Lead IP advisor for Britvic’s ‘Turbo Tango’ foam beverage dispensing container. Strategic IP advice for this product family enabled Britvic to secure key market protection for foam beverages, while a critical freedom-to-operate analysis allowed Britvic to commercialise their product without risk of patent infringement
- Key member of the firm’s China business development team, with a deep understanding of the Chinese business landscape and culture. Advising on the challenges and IP concerns companies face when operating in China
- Working with talented scientists and engineers in the UK, China and Silicon Valley USA to deliver perceptive intellectual property strategies to protect ground-breaking ‘disruptive’ technologies
“I have had the opportunity to work with Mark and found him to be the ultimate business professional. He is extremely dedicated in his work and in ensuring that he excels in the performance of his job. He has an excellent grasp of IP and provides strategic insights which add value.”
Andrew Willis, Managing Director, Protiviti Global Consulting in Business, IT, Risk & Internal Audit.