Claes has worked inhouse for global corporations, in private practice and in Universities and governmental agencies. His work spans from writing and prosecuting patent applications to IP-strategy and IP policies. He has been involved in training and lecturing both nationally in Sweden and for EU-agencies. Claes has a broad scientific background within solid state physics, material science, metals, ceramics, nanotechnology, radio, optics, and sensor technology. Claes has also widened his technical area to include mechanics, IoT signal processing and image analysis especially in the medical field. He maintains a great interest in and does not fear the most complicated of new technologies. Claes enjoys guiding his clients through the complicated world of IP.
- Drafting and filing patent applications for a wide range of inventions.
- Oppositions and Oral Hearings. Procedures at the Swedish Patent and Market Court (PMD) and appeal court (PMÖD). Involved in US court cases (together with a partner at my former firm)
- Head of Uppsala university patent department- responsible for IP at 3 and 5 minor major Swedish universities
- Lecturer in Academic IP and Innovation Management at European Academy, Berlin
- IP Board Member EIT Health (EU knowledge and innovation community)